- Mother of two amazingly talented, kind, humorous young men, Nathan (25) and Aaron (21) both of whom I love deeply and Mother-in-Law to Tori (Nathan’s wife)
- Married to Mike, the man who has been making me laugh since 1987
- Past educator -14 years teaching middle school and 4 years as a Dean at a high school
- Member of Willow Creek Community Church
- Found by Cooper (It’s a cool story.) who passed on in 2016.
Sharing who I am would not be complete without including that I’m living and fighting daily battles with, Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, fatigue, neurological & cognitive struggles, Chronic Lyme Disease and the mental health implications of chronic disease.
Some other nuggets about me…
- I feel deeply, am sensitive and wear my emotions on my sleeve; I cry more often than I’d like.
- I’m very comfortable talking about my life with depression and believe to my core that we need to talk openly about mental health. We need to address the warning signs especially in teens and young adults.
- I’m less comfortable talking about my chronic pain and why I look normal, but am so limited in what I can do.
- I sense God’s presence in creation, especially in the grandness and beauty of mountains. I would love to live in Lake Tahoe.
- I LOVE shopping and buying clothes, Mike does not!
- When someone says something funny, Aaron has pointed out that I will say “That is funny!”, but not actually laugh.
- My mom is the most amazing, Godly woman I know and I aspire to be like her. She memorized the book of James in six months.
- Kristen, my only sibling, is so fun and witty. I wish we lived closer so we could spend more time together; she is also an amazing mom!
- My mother–in-law should be up for sainthood based on how she serves others. She calls me her ‘bratty daughter-in-law’ which I am, but I prefer sassy.
- I have a Biblical world view based on God’s core concept of love.
I could go on and on, but you’ll figure it out soon enough if you follow me.
XO, Michelle Poland